Come join us Sundays @ 6pm! Children in Action is for children in 1st-5th grade. Mission Friends is for children 3 years through Kindergarten. Childcare will be provided for children 2 and under. It’s the PERFECT time to jump in and join us!
This month in CiA/MF…
Serving in: Miami, Florida
Missionary Family: Church Planters Alex Comesanas and Patrick Coats
Biblical Focus: Turn our hearts toward Him!
Memory Verse: “May he turn our hearts to him. Then we will live the way he wants us to. We’ll obey the commands, rules and directions he gave our people of long ago.”
1 Kings 8:58
Kid’s choir will be each Wednesday night during the 7pm service. We will be focusing on the “Hymn of the Month” and Easter music. Come join us!
January’s Hymn of the Month: “It Is Well”
Unit Title: God the Redeemer
Key Passage: Hebrews 3:5-6
Session Title: The Ten Commandments: Love God
Bible Passage: Exodus 19:1-20:11; 31:18
Main Point: God gave the 10 Commandments to show He is holy and we are sinners. The first four
commands show us how to love God.
Big Picture Question: What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people from captivity.
This week, we will examine the first four of the Ten Commandments. These commands were
given by God through Moses to teach His people how to love and worship Him. God
demands perfect obedience, something none of us can do. And that’s the point of the
law: to show us of our need for another way to be right with God, a way found only in
Help your kids understand that God is holy and expects us to be holy as well. We can be
holy because of Jesus.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
● Babies and Toddlers
○ God takes care of us.
○ God made everything, and he is in charge.
○ God gives us rules to show us what He is like.
○ People do not always obey God’s rules.
○ Jesus always obeys God’s rules.
○ What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people.
○ God gave us rules to show that He is holy.
○ What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people from captivity.
○ God gave us rules to show that He is holy and we are sinners.
● “The Ten Commandments: Love Others” (Exodus 20:1217)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App or the Big Picture Cards for Families
for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.